Saturday, January 15, 2011

10 Things about Me

Since this is a new blog and I expect most people who come to my site are new to me, I thought I would tell you 10 things about me:

1. I married the love-of-my-life when I was 18 years old. Tuesday marks our 19th wedding anniversary. I have been married longer than I have been single.

2. During a 10 year period of infertility, we adopted 3 children.

3. I am in my 9th year of homeschooling. My oldest is graduating this year : )

4. I have an Associates Degree in Nursing and worked as a RN for 5 years on a surgical floor.

5. I decided to walk away from nursing to stay home with my children full-time. Have no regrets about this (I do miss the money every once in a while).

6. I live in Massachusetts. If you heard me speak you WOULD be able to tell (but don't mistaken a New England accent for a New York one). For some reason, around here, we mix up our r's and a's. Example: banana is pronounced "bananer" and car is pronounced "caaa". This made for fun times when trying to teach phonics to my kids.

7. I HATE snow. The only time I find it beautiful is on a postcard. But in all fairness, I have to admit, I don't like extremes in temps. I hate 90 degree weather as much as I hate 30 degrees. 70 is perfect.

8. I will admit, I like control. I like lists and check things off as I go. God has been working with me in this area. Case in point---being put on bed rest for the last 3 weeks of pregnancy. If that wasn't bad enough, we moved that week and I had to depend on others to pack, move, clean unpack and put things away. I am STILL trying to find things.

9. My favorite food is ice cream, followed closely by chocolate. Yes, both count as food.

10. My favorite show is "The Amazing Race".

No comments:

Post a Comment