Since this is a new blog and I expect most people who come to my site are new to me, I thought I would tell you 10 things about me:
1. I married the love-of-my-life when I was 18 years old. Tuesday marks our 19th wedding anniversary. I have been married longer than I have been single.
2. During a 10 year period of infertility, we adopted 3 children.
3. I am in my 9th year of homeschooling. My oldest is graduating this year : )
4. I have an Associates Degree in Nursing and worked as a RN for 5 years on a surgical floor.
5. I decided to walk away from nursing to stay home with my children full-time. Have no regrets about this (I do miss the money every once in a while).
6. I live in Massachusetts. If you heard me speak you WOULD be able to tell (but don't mistaken a New England accent for a New York one). For some reason, around here, we mix up our r's and a's. Example: banana is pronounced "bananer" and car is pronounced "caaa". This made for fun times when trying to teach phonics to my kids.
7. I HATE snow. The only time I find it beautiful is on a postcard. But in all fairness, I have to admit, I don't like extremes in temps. I hate 90 degree weather as much as I hate 30 degrees. 70 is perfect.
8. I will admit, I like control. I like lists and check things off as I go. God has been working with me in this area. Case in point---being put on bed rest for the last 3 weeks of pregnancy. If that wasn't bad enough, we moved that week and I had to depend on others to pack, move, clean unpack and put things away. I am STILL trying to find things.
9. My favorite food is ice cream, followed closely by chocolate. Yes, both count as food.
10. My favorite show is "The Amazing Race".